U.S. 422 Full Closure, Lane Closure Next Week for Construction on Two Improvement Projects in Montgomery County
King of Prussia, PA – U.S. 422 motorists will encounter several travel restrictions next week at various locations in Montgomery County for construction activities on two separate projects to reconstruct, rehabilitate and improve the expressway, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
Weather permitting, the work schedule is:
- Thursday, October 17, from 9:00 PM to 11:59 PM, eastbound U.S. 422 will be closed and detoured from the split with Benjamin Franklin Highway in Douglass Township, Berks County, to the Stowe Interchange in West Pottsgrove Township, Montgomery County. During the closure, eastbound U.S. 422 motorists will be directed to use Benjamin Franklin Highway/High Street and Grosstown Road to access eastbound U.S. 422 at the Stowe Interchange;
- Thursday, October 17, from 12:00 AM to 5:00 AM, westbound U.S. 422 will be closed and detoured from the Stowe Interchange to the split with Benjamin Franklin Highway. During the closure, westbound U.S. 422 motorists will be directed to exit at Stowe, turn left on High Street and continue on High Street until it merges with U.S. 422; and
- From 10:00 AM Friday, October 18 to 5:00 AM Monday, October 21, eastbound U.S. 422 will be reduced to a single lane between Airport Road and Township Line Road in Limerick Township, Montgomery County for bridge construction.
In addition to the lane and full closure of U.S. 422, several surface streets will be restricted next week for bridge construction. The work schedule is:
- Monday, October 14, through Friday, October 18, from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM, alternating left and right lane closures are scheduled on Evergreen Road between Lightcap Road and Rupert Road for bridge construction;
- Monday, October 14, through Friday, October 18, from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, lane restrictions with flagging will occur on Troutman Road between Ashenfelter Road and Groff Circle in Upper Providence Township for bridge construction;
- Monday, October 14, through Saturday, October 19, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM, alternating left and right lane closures are scheduled on Lewis Road between Linfield Road and Linfield Trappe Road for bridge painting; and
- Wednesday, October 16, and Thursday, October 17, from 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM, lane restrictions with flagging will occur on Airport Road between Lightcap Road and Commerce Court for bridge repair.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling on U.S. 422 through or near the work areas because backups and delays will occur. In the event of weather, the operations will be postponed until the following day if needed.
For information on these projects and PennDOT’s entire U.S. 422 improvement program, visit www.422improvements.com.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com or downloading the 511PA application for iPhone and Android devices. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly and like the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PennsylvaniaDepartmentofTransportation and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Brad Rudolph, 610-205-6800
# # #