King of Prussia, PA – Lane closures are scheduled next week on several state highways in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties, including Interstate 95, Interstate 476, U.S. 1 and U.S. 422, for guide rail repairs, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
Overnight operations will take place Sundays through Fridays, on Sunday, December 15, through Monday, December 23, from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning at the following locations:
- Northbound and southbound I-95 between the Delaware County Line and the Bucks County line in Philadelphia;
- Northbound and southbound I-95 between the Delaware State Line and Bartram Avenue Interchange in Chester, Chichester, Lower Chichester, Ridley and Upper Tinicum townships, Upland and Ridley Park boroughs and City of Chester, Delaware County;
- Northbound and southbound I-476 between I-95 and Montgomery County Line in Ridley, Nether Providence, Marple, Haverford and Radnor townships, Delaware County;
- Northbound and southbound U.S. 1 (Township Line Road/Media Bypass) between the Chester County Line and the Montgomery County Line in Upper Darby, Haverford, Springfield, Marple, Upper Providence, Middletown, Birmingham and Concord townships and Chester Heights Borough, Delaware County;
- Route 63 (Woodhaven Road) between U.S. 1 (Roosevelt Boulevard) and the Bucks County Line in Philadelphia; and
- Academy Road between I-95 and Knights Road in Philadelphia.
Daytime operations will also take place on Monday, December 16, through Friday, December 20, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the following locations:
- Northbound and southbound I-95 between Academy Road and Route 413 interchanges in Bensalem and Bristol townships, Bucks County; and
- Westbound U.S. 422 between U.S. 202 and Route 23 Interchange in Upper Merion Township, Montgomery County.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because slowdowns will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com or downloading the 511PA application for iPhone and Android devices. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly and like the department on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/phillypenndot/ and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Chelsea Lacey-Mabe, 610-205-6798
# # #