Begin Main Content Area

Stormwater Management

Highway stormwater systems can be installed by PennDOT, a public applicant through a Highway Occupancy Permit (HOP), a local government, or a combination thereof.  Maintenance responsibility of both existing and new systems depends on multiple factors.

These pages provide information regarding the planning, design, construction and maintenance of stormwater management systems in state highway right-of-way.  

HOP Stormwater Information