Small Business Set-Aside Pilot Program
PennDOT is committed to increasing contract participation for small businesses, disadvantaged businesses, and diverse businesses. Continuing with this effort, PennDOT has introduced a Small Business Set Aside pilot program for Small Business Enterprises (SBE) to compete as prime consultants on federally-assisted Preliminary Engineering and Final Design agreements.
For the pilot program, seven (7) preliminary engineering and final design of non-complex box culvert or single-span bridge replacements projects have been identified and deemed as Small Business Set-Side projects. The pilot program will begin in October 2018 and will run to project completion.
- District 10 advertised its first project, E04288, with set aside parameters on Monday, August 20th and the selection was made on October 3, 2018.
- District 2 advertised project E04391, on September 10th and they received 8 Statements of Interest. They plan to make their selection on November 14, 2018.
- District 3 advertised project E04453, on October 1st and they received 8 Statements of Interest. They will be making their selection in the near future.
- District 5 advertised project E04452, on September 24th and they received 10 Statements of Interest. They plan to make their selection on November 14, 2018.
- District 8 advertised project E04455, on October 29th. Statement of Interest are due November 29, 2018.
- District 9 advertised project E04405, on October 22nd. Statement of Interest are due November 15, 2018.
- District 12 advertised project E04486, on October 15th and they received 11 Statements of Interest. They will be making their selection in the near future.